- Bishop Peter will be with us on Sunday morning October 29th
- Tea and Bake Sale on Saturday November 4th, 1-3 p.m.
Emmanuel after Chris’s wedding
As you know, Chris is marrying Erica on July 12th 2017. Erica lives with her extended family in Dundas, on the outskirts of Hamilton. Family and work circumstances make it unfeasible for Erica to move to Richmond Hill and so Chris will be living in Dundas, for part of the week. In conversation with the Wardens and with Bishop Peter this plan has been agreed:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday Chris will work in Richmond Hill. While in Richmond Hill Chris will continue to live in the rectory, staying over on Tuesday and Wednesday nights (plus Saturday night if the weather looks bad for travel on Sunday morning).
- Monday and Friday, Chris will work from Dundas but will come in to Richmond Hill as needed. On these days Chris will do sermon preparation, make phone calls and do admin. etc. Saturday will be his day off
- Chris will ask local clergy to help with emergencies. When in Dundas, Chris can get back to Richmond Hill in about 75 minutes (even at times of heavy traffic because he will take the 407). If pastoral care is needed sooner, Chris will contact one of the local clergy to attend the person in need until Chris arrives. Chris can always be reached at 416-737-3066, usually able to answer and checking messages frequently.
Clare and Sunny will continue to live in the rectory until Clare finds a place of her own.
Chris is grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve Emmanuel for the foreseeable future.